problem with ZoneAlarm

Rebanut 17:32 29 Aug 05

Hi I have had the free ZoneAlarm installed for 2 or 3 years now without any trouble, a couple of days ago I stopped getting any email via Outlook Express and with help from Evesham found the problem, when you switch off the ZA all is ok, I have XP on my PC, could anyone help please.
Thank you.
Colin

Technotiger 17:36 29 Aug 05

Hi, I would advise you to uninstall ZA and instead use Kerio Firewall (Free) from click here also note that with Kerio you will get the Full (Paid for) version for the first month, it will then revert to the Free version, which is well adequate and very much easier to use than ZA. I used to use ZA, but now use Kerio.

Cheers.

Rebanut 18:56 29 Aug 05

Thank you for your response, I just find it strange that I should use ZoneAlarm for so long without any problems for it to start causing problems now.
Thanks anyway.

961 19:12 29 Aug 05

Check if you have had a Zone Alarm update without being aware.

Go in to the programme listings and see if Outlook Express has been blocked for some reason

This sort of difficulty is often caused by programme updates, either of Zone Alarm, or the programme being blocked

Microsoft issued a whole lot of security updates recently. Could this be the cause of your problem?

Technotiger 14:04 30 Aug 05

Hi again, as I said earlier I used to use ZA, over a period of several years, but then started to have problems - got fed up with the problems so changed to Kerio, which I believe is so good that I have now bought the Full Version on CD from click here

Cheers.

Rebanut 14:51 30 Aug 05

Thanks for the information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…