problem with youtube

sid 19:45 06 Apr 08

OS W2K TRYING TO VIEW VIDEO ON YOUTUBE N KEEP GETTING MESSAGE Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
have updated java thro control panel and have updated flash.
Is this a browser problem ? only use firefox as my browser but have tried viewing video thro IE6 with the same message.
How would I know if JAVA is turned off and if this is the problem how do I enable it?
This is a recenct problem as all video on youtube played in the past.
Any help gratefully received
Thnx

hiwatt 20:04 06 Apr 08

click here this will tell you if you're running the latest version of java and this click here is the latest flash player.

Earthsea 20:19 06 Apr 08

In Firefox, Tools>Options>Content and make sure Java and JavaScript are enabled. If you have the NoScript add-on then allow YouTube from its menu.

sid 20:45 07 Apr 08

thnx for the advice
have latest jave installed 1.6.0_05 and latest flash player installed all of java enabled in firefox but still no joy. youtube is not playing video and still displaying Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.
any further advice welcomed.

skidzy 20:56 07 Apr 08

Use the Adobe uninstaller click here

Reinstall from click here

NB: this is the Flashplayer for Non-IE.
For example for Firefox/Opera/Flock etc

rawprawn 07:04 08 Apr 08

Have you got "Stealther" installed in Firefox, if so try turning it Off.

sid 22:54 08 Apr 08

Thnx all but no joy with all of your suggestions
unistalled flash , reinstalled flash
disabled firewall, allowed youtube thro firewall, still cannot play a video and get the same message
"Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." Any further suggestions welcomed.
Just want to view the videos posted @ alsonvideo on youtube.

brundle 22:56 08 Apr 08

What about the Javascript tests?

Clear your Firefox/Internet Explorer cache. click here

brundle 22:57 08 Apr 08

Java and Javascript are not one and the same

wee eddie 08:38 09 Apr 08

First you must Uninstall the older versions, or the update does not install.

sid 20:07 09 Apr 08

Thankyou to all but youtube still refuses to play videos.
have followed all advice & have checked that firewall isnt causing a problem by disabling it.
do not understand why this problem has recently appeared as my wife , a keen linedancer has viewed loads of videos on youtube in the past now there are none!!!
Any further advice will be greatfully received just to keep her happy
Thanks to all for your help n suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…