Problem with XP Fax Tools

ALANGIL 12:09 11 May 04

I have recently gone over to Windows XP and should be able to use the Fax facility called Fax Tools. Every time I try to send a fax one of two things happen. a) It comes up with "Insufficient time between retries" even when it is the first try or b) "Line busy" when it was not busy. (I proved that by sending a fax to myself on my other line which has a fax machine on it.) The retry times settings have been tried at 2 minutes and up to 10 minutes but to no effect.
Then next day when I try again it merrily sends the faxes which I was trying the day before and keeps repeating them and I get a 'notification' bleep every few minutes!
I've tried everything to cure these problems. i used to have Winfax as part of my Norton but the new Norton does not have this. Winfax worked perfectly.

Stuartli 12:28 11 May 04

If you have broadband you can't send faxes. If you have dialup and are surfing, you can't send a fax...

Otherwise see:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…