Problem with Word 2007 crashing

hssutton 20:32 PM 01 Feb 12

I was writing a letter in Word 2007 including some copied and pasted text, on going to "Save As" Word crashed. I tried this several times, each time resulting in Word crashing. I eventually copied the text and pasted into Wordpad from where I was able to save.

With this completed I reopened Word 2007 which then behaved perfectly, but On closing down word I then found that I had lost the ability to Drag 'n Drop, a method I use a lot with my photography. Any suggestions as to what was the problem with Word 2007 and also how to regain Drag 'n Drop

Woolwell 21:04 PM 01 Feb 12

Suggest you run MS Office diagnostics. Available 2 ways:

1. through Word - Click on office button and then word options and then resources.

2. All programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office Tools.

hssutton 21:39 PM 01 Feb 12

Woolwell¬ This came up automatically after several crashes, but I cancelled it as I wanted the letter printing off rather urgently. Will run Diagnostics shortly.

I've managed to repair Drag and drop after spending some time searching the Web, this appears to be a not uncommon problem with W7. Must apologise for not mentioning W7 in my OP. I picked up on one suggested solution which worked, though I've no idea why. This was Ctrl-Alt-Del followed by Esc. Drag and drop is now working ok.

hssutton 21:54 PM 01 Feb 12

Have run Diagnostics This problem was found "The Setup Diagnostic repaired problems with your installation of Microsoft Office. Your Microsoft Office programs should now function correctly."

Woolwell 22:04 PM 01 Feb 12

Sounds good but time will tell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week