Problem with Word 2000

carper 09:41 11 Feb 09

I seem to have a bit of a problem when using Word. If I go back on a sentence to make a correction,it types the letter and cancels the next letter and so on so that I have to do the whole sentence again. Have I upset a setting somewhere. Any help appreciated. Regards Carper

ambra4 09:45 11 Feb 09

Press the insert key on the keyboard will turn on the insert function in word and not delete the next letter

MAJ 09:47 11 Feb 09

Sounds like you have "OverType" turned on, to turn it off, press the Insert key on your keyboard.

Catastrophe 11:00 11 Feb 09

That is interesting. I would have thought >Tools>Options>Edit and uncheck Overtype mode but INSERT does all that for you (I just checked) so it still functions when you open another document.

MAJ 11:05 11 Feb 09

"I would have thought >Tools>Options>Edit and uncheck Overtype mode"

That does it too, Catastrophe, just thought the Insert key was faster.

Catastrophe 14:44 11 Feb 09

Thanks MAJ I found it interesting that there is a quick shortcut.

Thank you for that useful information.

:)

TonyV 15:24 11 Feb 09

Your problem probably started by inadvertently striking the "Insert" Key in the first place!

TonyV

carper 09:23 12 Feb 09

Thanks for all you posts. I'll now press the resolve button. Regards Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…