Problem witht laptop Fn button, help please

bof:) 14:56 05 Nov 08

Hi all,

I think I've somehow managed to turn off the buttons that I used to need to press the blue Fn button to work on my laptop.

these buttons being:

the up/down button that used to alter the volume

the F8 button that used to be the mute button

the long red button at front side of laptop that used to stop internet connect if you pushed it in.

I've checked the volume settings on my laptop and they seem ok.

Also my Son turned off some of the Services settings but I seem to remember that I was having problems before this.

I've tried turning the Services settings I think he disabled back on again but had no success.

The laptop I have is an ACER Aspire 3003 WLMi

Thankyou.

Mike

woodchip 15:00 05 Nov 08

Try running System Restore back to before your problems

Rahere 15:53 05 Nov 08

On most Acer products there is a service or program loaded at start up that gives you extra Acer tools features

Check your startup folder

Start>run>msconfig>startup abd see if any items are unticked - if one is an acer program tick it, click Apply

now click on the Services tab to see what's ticked or stopped - if one is an acer service tick it, click Apply, then OK

If you can't start it then you'll have to try it another way

Start>run>services.msc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…