Problem with wireless connection on PC

galaga 15:01 PM 26 Aug 12

My problem is this: my PC has intermittent problems connecting to my home wireless network. Sometimes resetting the PC/router a few times does it, other times that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I think that the problem is with my PC, because other devices (e.g. iPad) connect to the router & are able to access the internet no problem, even when my PC is not connecting.

My network setup is this:

My PC: Vadim PC; 4GB RAM; Intel Quad Core CPU; Asus WL-138gE wireless adapter; Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

When I try to connect to my home network, I get this:

I click connect to a network, and get this:

I try and few more times, and another persons network appears:

I check my wireless network adapter and it looks OK:

And the driver details:

I disabled and enabled my wireless adapter, and my network (though not the other one) appears:

Great! I try and connect, though in less than a second I get this:

I click "diagnose the problem" and get this:

OK, so I plug an ethernet cable between the router and my PC, and initially get this:

And then after about 20 seconds lo and behold this:

I access my router (obtained from O2) and look at my home network:

And the router's connection page:

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do and would really appreciate any help with getting my wireless connection working again!

difarn 17:33 PM 26 Aug 12

Go into your router's connection page and change the wireless channel -the usual default channel is - try 1 or 11.

You could try this microsoft hotfix which I think will address any TCP/IP issues.

worrell.christian 18:18 PM 04 Sep 12

I spent the afternoon looking at routers, and after reading the reviews, I am thinking of the Western Digital My Net N900

I though the FasTrack Plus technology is something the other routers I looked at didn’t have, and I am doing a lot of Hulu downloads and watching, and I think FasTrack will be good for that.

Anyone have and real time experience with this router?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11