problem with wireless connection

Jaro 15:52 02 Feb 07

hi. here is the prob. : i have wired ADSL firewall modem router netgear DG834 v2 and wireles router netgear MR814 v2 which is connected to first one. i think that its connected properly i can use the internet with no prob but only wired. if i try to connect my laptop to wireless network i can not get on the net even it shows that wireless connection is established and signal is perfeckt i still can not get on line. if i connect laptop by cable to any of above routers it works perfectly ok. I have managed somehow at the beginning to get to the net via wireless network but now i can not do it again. i have no idea what to do. does anybody know how to get it work again?

Jaro 15:52 02 Feb 07

i have to go back to work no but i will be here in about hour and half so please post here i will read it. thank you

Jaro 16:48 02 Feb 07

anybody can help me please?

chockks 17:39 02 Feb 07

Its been several days now that i havve been configuring two repeaters to work on a wireless mode. Linksys WAP54G and SMCWEBT-G. It seems we have the same problem. When thw two are wired to the network it is working well and i could connect to the internet,but when i removed the wires it wont connect to the internet though it shows i am connected.

postie24 19:43 02 Feb 07

Think its a security issue.Have you carried the wep/wpa settings across from the pc to the laptop?

If you havnt set up wep/wpa go to the router homepage and set up the encryption on the security tab

Postie24

Jaro 21:19 02 Feb 07

i have already done that it did not help. I just don get it. when i set it up first time it was working perfectly ok. Its just weird all is set ok and it does not work why? there must be something we missed but what it is?

Jaro 21:22 02 Feb 07

i have tried to get help from my ISP but they wouldn't know what to do. they advised me to talk to netgear support people :) i think i will have to try that as well otherwise i will not have wireless internet. great :(

Jaro 19:03 03 Feb 07

ok i have sorted it out finaly after two days faiting. And again the simplest thing solved it.Here is what i did:
First I reinstalled the laptop wireles card just to be sure its working ok. than i turned of PC and laptop and both routers. Now this is i think the most important part. The hardware must be turned on in certain sequence. Firs i turned on ADSL modem router and waited two min, than i turned on wireless router and waited two min, than i turned on Laptop and woalaaa i was connected. than i turned on PC but still did not have internet on that one. i restarted it again and woalaaaaa all was working perfectly ok.

hope it will help somebody else who was in the same position as i was. good luck

Jaro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…