Problem with Windows Service

Hercules02 13:03 03 Nov 11

Hello Hope your all well. Haven't posted for sometime. Ive recently upgraded my cable broadband, which meant setting up a new network for our 3 desktops. It went well, but Im finding that one of the wireless pcs won't sign on to the internet automatically unless its my windows profile. If my wife signs on the service Wireless Zero Configuration does not start and it won't connect. The service is set to Automatic, but the status is 'stopped'. The problem can be resolved by starting the service manually, but the next time my wife signs in, the status is back to 'stopped'. Why is the auto facility not working for one user ? The PC is running Windows XP home, and all the user profiles have administrator privileges.

northumbria61 13:36 03 Nov 11

Try running the Microsoft Fix-It from here or choose Fix it Myself. enter link description here

Hercules02 20:16 04 Nov 11

Hello I had mis-diagnosed the problem. Each user needed to be registered to the new network. The Windows service was not loading as the wireless adaptor software was trying to make the connection. It couldn't do so because my wife was not known to the network on that PC. Thanks for your response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…