Problem on Windows 98 Start Up

Phil P 10:26 25 Jan 04

When starting up Windows 98 as soon as the ntl internet icon appears in the system try I keep getting a window try to open:-

res://ie.tou.dll.Welcome.HTM Miscrosoft Internet Explorer.

Because I am not accessed to the internet it then changes to "The page cannot be displayed" etc. etc. It is only a matter of closing down the window but is becoming rather annoying. Any help appreicated

billyliv 12:15 25 Jan 04

Hi, Try going to 'Run' type in msconfig and click on the 'startup' tab. Remove ticks relating to the message you are getting and see if that cures it. Cheers, Bill

Phil P 15:35 25 Jan 04

Unable to locate any file within msconfig that seems to relate to this problem..... but I have found that by removing file "Internet Explorer 4 Welcome File" which I think relates to an old access to a Freeserve account I used to have the problem goes away. Not sure if this will cause any further problems but none so far. Thanks for your help..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…