Problem with Win Explorer

Demora 11:04 29 May 06

Over the weekend something has stopped 'explorer' working properly. I'm getting this message 'Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.. Then it closes. I did a search in the forum and this is what I found >>click here?

The advice isn't working for me. any ideas Because after 2 days its driving me crazy.

Using winxp pro sp2

johnnyrocker 11:17 29 May 06

have you run a full av and spyware check? if ok you could try system restore, or as a last resort start run and type in sfc /scannow and have your disk handy as it may be needed to repair explorer.

Demora 12:10 29 May 06

I did all that.

And its no better.

I'm at a loss as to who/what hass happened (one of the kids maybe tinkering) Syustem restore was turned off.

VoG II 12:23 29 May 06

click here is a possibility.

Or click here

Demora 08:26 30 May 06

Well somehow or other its all cleared up. Maybe it was my old theory 'Shut down not re start' because thats just what I did. Turned pc off. after all scans/win xp repair etc and all seems back to normal

Thank you johnny and VoG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…