Problem with wifi connection on laptop

tisch 18:24 19 Sep 07

I have recently moved house to share with someone who has an existing wifi broadband set up. My laptop picked up the connection no problem but his wifi is security protected with a key. My flatmate set up the connection on my laptop for me using the cable connected to the router and has saved the network key on there too. Now my laptop recognises the network, connects to it by default fine with no problems. It then works brilliantly for about the first half hour I use it for each evening and then just stops working. Webpages won't load, I get admin error pages come up or it just goes on loading forever but nothing comes up. When the laptop does this it still says it is connected to the network and that signal strength is full. Oddly I can also pick up a neighbour's unprotected network with a signal strength of only limited which is faster to use once the laptop does this odd fault after the first half hour or so. Any suggestions because I'm stumped!

Quiller. 18:40 19 Sep 07

It could be that you are both using the same channel on each others router. I think channel 11 is default one.click here

tisch 19:44 19 Sep 07

Hi quiller

Thanks for the response and the link - I read the article but I'm not sure that's the problem - we both use the same router (one for the house). Although I think it might be something to do with the two laptops accessing the signal simultaneously - he's out tonight and my laptop seems to have been ok all night so far....

tisch 20:17 19 Sep 07

anyone else got any ideas? Am totally stumped. Haven't experienced problems sharing a wifi connection in a house before????

tisch 20:06 20 Sep 07

anyone?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…