Problem when watching TV over the internet.

montse 18:45 26 Apr 09

For some months I have been watching TVE a la carta -which accesses TV1 and TV2 from Spanish public service TV - news, documentaries and archive material.The programmes are not live (except for a new 24 hour news channel) but are, in the case of news, normally available within a few hours of initial transmission. Initially reception was good-just occasional freezing, but restarting was easy. Lately however, the freezing has increased and currently it has become not worth while to watch. Freezing also happens virtually continously with the new live 24 hour news programme. Advice would be welcome.

I use Internet Explorer, with, for other purposes, a satisfactory broadband connection (talktalk). I have no problem with Spanish PSB radio over internet. I have 2 GB of Ram.Is it a streaming problem? If so, how remedy? Would Incspeed software (rec. in past by PCAdvisor) be worth considering if it is a speed problem?

Thanks. Montse

MAJ 19:46 26 Apr 09

Streaming video uses a lot of bandwidth, your problem could be caused by problems with the TV station's server or by TT throttling your bandwidth (if you've been using it a lot). Have you tried accessing the site using someone else's computer and connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos