Problem when playing media and other programs

JAkEshneg 14:26 20 Jun 09

Hello, this is my first post so I hope its in the right place and what not, The problem I have is that when i play media of any kind it distorts and starts to play slowly as if my PC is not fast enough or have a virus. I have just cleared all viruses on three diferent antivirus programs and even if i have nothing else running, it still does it so im convinced these are not the problems. I have a biostar nVidia GeForce 7050 motherboard and its only started doing it after about a year of having it. Can anyone help me? Thankyou.

chub_tor 15:51 20 Jun 09

If it has only started doing it recently have you tried doing a System Restore to a time before it started happening? This should always be the first place to start.

tullie 16:01 20 Jun 09

You arent running more than one AV on your system are you?

Les28 16:23 20 Jun 09

Worth a quick check to see if dma transfer has reverted to pio mode.

click here

click here

JAkEshneg 17:22 20 Jun 09

Thanks, Les28 it turns out my PC had reverted to pio mode, its on ultra dma 6 now, ill see how it goes and let you know. It seems weird that it started when my PC had loads of viruses so thats what i though the problem was, so i reloaded windows xp altogether for a fresh start quite recently, but it still kept doing it, ill see how it goes anyway. Thanks!

JAkEshneg 19:32 24 Jun 09

Yep its been fine, definately fixed, thanks again!

JAkEshneg 17:00 01 Jul 09

Errr, hello again, i know i put this as solved, but over the days it gradually reverted to Ultra DMA 5 and then 4 and now its back on pio mode i had to uninstall it again, any ideas as to why it keeps going back? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced