Problem when moving Documents and Settings

Anti_Virus 22:24 31 May 06

Hi, I'm having a problem moving the C:/Documents and Settings folder to my new external drive. I've followed instructions from the microsoft knowledge base site click here yet there are two hidden folders in the C:/Documents and Settings folder called "LocalService" and "NetworkService". These two folders were hidden, and only revealed when I had completed Step 3 of section 'MOVING THE ENTIRE FOLDER' in the help site (above). Well, when I try to copy them it keeps on saying

"Cannot copy ntuser: It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

Well, I dont know what ntuser does, so I don't wan't to fiddle around with any programs and services, so this is where I need you help, and anyone else's come to that. Bear in mind I have tried copying them logged into different accounts. I have also tried copying them when in Safe Mode and logged in as the Administrator, yet they still won't go. Please help.

SANTOS7 22:32 31 May 06

You are getting that error because you are trying to copy an account you are logged into. You will have to log into another user account with admin rights to copy yours.

Anti_Virus 22:40 31 May 06

I've done that, I've tried copying these two folders from every account, including Administrator in Safe Mode. It isn't an ntuser in a user account folder, they are in folders called LocalService and NetworkService which are ordinarily hidden folders, but, due to the instructions in that microsoft site, I made visible. That's the problem, still desperate for help.

SANTOS7 22:52 31 May 06

click here
this will help..

click here

first link taken from thread in second,good luck...

Leslie-212488 10:50 14 Jan 07

ssgopsgpk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…