problem when iserting discs

KINGSMILL 10:13 23 Jun 06

i may have altered a setting by mistake but when i insert a cd dvd or media card a box pened and used to ask me what i wanted to open it with i.e windows media, power dvd roxio etc its no longer there now music discs just automatically run in my roxio music player rather than windows media player any ideas ???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:22 23 Jun 06

My computer - tools -folder options - file types scroll ddown the list and select the media type and press the change button, select another program to open the file.

i.e. CDA opens with roxio click change scroll down and select Winws media player click ok.

Do this for any ffiles you wish to play / open with different programs.

Eric10 11:01 23 Jun 06

I think you are referring to Auto Insert Notification. In My Computer right-click your CD/DVD drive and choose Properties then the AutoPlay tab. A type of file can be selected in the top dropdown list then you should click the button at the bottom labelled 'Prompt me each time to choose an action'. Some CD burning software disables this function so if you have recently installed this type of program then that may be the reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…