Problem when Emailing Pictures in XP

Bagsey 08:55 23 Jun 06

I alway used the size reduction facility in XP Home and Outlook Express to reduce the size of Photos for emailing. I tried again this morning and I have lost the option of the reduce the size menu. The photo still gets attached but no sign of the reduction option. Can anyone point me in the right direction to put this right.

silverous 10:29 23 Jun 06
  Gnomic Lance 10:32 23 Jun 06

Photoshop has a menu item Save as Web file which optimises the image, i.e. compresses it for web use. I usually reduce the size first as well.

Other photo manipulation prgrams will have the same facilities, but they may have diffeent menu names.

I stick clear of anything XP offers. There always seems to be something better.

Bagsey 12:03 23 Jun 06

Many thanks for that pointer.It worked no problem
However I dont understand why it work because in actual fact I did nothing. I went the advaced setting as suggested, found the entry suggested and it was ticked so I unticked it. Then I reread the instructions and ticked it again and surprise surprise the option is working again.
Thanks for the fix.

Gnomic Lance
Thanks also to you for your help. I, like you have my favourite software for reducing photo in the mass for web use but I found the XP method very useful for the odd picture when in a hurry.

silverous 12:41 23 Jun 06

And re-ticking the box corrected it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…