Problem when adding to a thread

birdface 08:13 24 Mar 09

Hi.Developed a problem when I search for something and go back to the thread that I was answering everything that I had already typed has gone.
I am sure this has only started since updating AVG to the 8.5 version yesterday.It is rather annoying ,Anybody know how to resolve the problem.

birdface 08:15 24 Mar 09

I should have added I always have Tabs switched off and use IE7.

natdoor 09:00 24 Mar 09

To avoid such problems, I always open another copy of my browser and switch between the versions.

birdface 09:05 24 Mar 09

I do have Firefox downloaded so may try that to see if it makes any difference.
The only problem is that I am not that keen on Firefox.

natdoor 10:17 24 Mar 09

I use Firefox and open it twice! You can do this with I.E. Just minimise to reveal your desktop and open I.E. again.

I find that going back and forward with one version does usually work but I thinkI must inadvertently do a double click from time to time which throws the sequence.

Jim Thing 10:27 24 Mar 09

...usually when I've almost finished typing a longish post. So now I type my posts in Notepad and copy/paste them into the thread.

Jim Thing 10:30 24 Mar 09

...usually when I've almost finished typing a longish post. So now I type my posts in Notepad and copy/paste them into the thread.

Jim Thing 10:33 24 Mar 09

Sorree!!

birdface 10:37 24 Mar 09

Thanks for the input.Just tried it in Firefox and no problems on there so must be an IE7 problem.Believe it or not I have never used Notepad before but will have a look at that shortly.

birdface 10:42 24 Mar 09

Hi.Just trying Notepad now.Forget the click here just testing to see if it works as well.

click here

birdface 10:43 24 Mar 09

Thanks for that.Notepad works fine.So might try that in future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…