Problem with web browsers

smudge6521 15:32 PM 18 Aug 11

Hi can anybody assist with the following problem. I am trying to surf the internet using IE however when I open the application it comes up with a message that my last session closed unexpectedly do i wish to restore and regardless of whether i accept this or not after a couple of minutes on the web it closes down stating that it has an unexpected error and has to close. I then tried to open other browers google, firefox, and opera and they also say problems and crash. I have done a full system scan with Panda AV and all it detected was spyware and deleted them I have tried to do a system restore but it wont let me do that either. The OS i running is WIN7 Home premium. I even tried opening Malwarebytes but that crashed. Does anybody have any ideas to stop me pulling my hair out all help greatly appreciated. I have also reset the router a couple of times but nothing has changed.

Nontek 15:40 PM 18 Aug 11

Try your repair attempts again, but this time in Safe Mode.

smudge6521 16:13 PM 18 Aug 11

Have tried in safe mode but still no luck, should i try safe mode with networking or normal safe mode

smudge6521 16:14 PM 18 Aug 11

additionally does system restore also work in safe mode thats the only thing i never tried

Nontek 16:23 PM 18 Aug 11

Yes, System Restore does work in safe mode.

But if you want to try safe mode again, especially for updating and running Malwarebytes, you will need to use it with networking.

birdface 19:31 PM 18 Aug 11

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns then press enter on your keyboard.

It should tell you DNS cache has been flushed,if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November