Problem watching you tube videos.

blackpat 16:58 06 Dec 09

Dell dimsion 5150. windows xp media editon.

Hi, when I try and watch music videos on you tube,it keeps stopping and starting, with a cirle in the middle that rotates. About 2 years ago, I had my video card upgraded to a Nvidia geforce 9600 GT. while i was at it, I had the computer power upgraded from 300+watts to 600+ watts. My partner as an identicle computer to me, less the upgrades, and has no problems with videos on you tube. Any ideas?
Blackpat.

rdave13 17:01 06 Dec 09

Check broadband speed. Run Ccleaner to remove temp and cashe files etc.,
click here

blackpat 17:56 06 Dec 09

hi rdave, thanks for your input. My broadband speed is approx. 5.5 mbps about the same as my partners. I have Norton 360 that does all the cleaning of temp and cashe files etc. I run the norton stuff, and then tried you tube, and it's still the same.
Blackpat

rdave13 17:58 06 Dec 09

Try Ccleaner. Reboot and see how the streaming goes with YouTube.

Sea Urchin 18:40 06 Dec 09

You could download Speedbit Video Accelerator - you only need the free version to work with YouTube

click here

blackpat 06:32 07 Dec 09

Sea urchin, I downloaded speedbit video acc. and it seems a whole lot better, although it still buffers accasionally.

Rdave, re rebooting etc. I haven't tried what you suggested yet, but I will if it gets any worse..

What I would like to know, is why do I have this trouble when my partner doesn't (same computer, same broadband speed)

anyway, thanks both for all your help. you do good work.
Blackpat.

octal 06:42 07 Dec 09

Also make sure you have the latest Adobe Flashplayer installed, it should be 10.0.32.18

click here

wiz-king 07:08 07 Dec 09

Same Norton? I changed from Norton to Eset and my speed increased a fair bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009