Problem watching News Videos.

ribo 09:50 24 Oct 07

I do not know if anyone will be able to hep me with this problem, but I know that if someone can, they will.
My problem is that when I try to watch a BBC News video (of an interview for instance) my computer freezes and then restarts. I get a blue screen which starts saying that there is a problem with NV4_disp file or something like that. It disappears before I can read it all.
I have installed the latest nVidia drivers for my GeForce 6200 card. This has made no difference.The eroor report from M/s tells me to alter the acceleration but that this will affect performace. I did give it a try with the intention of reverting back,but I was unable to even open the video. I can watch my own videos which I have made.
XP Home SP2.
Does it mean that I will have to get a new graphics card.if I want to watch these videos?
Thanks J

User-1159794 14:04 24 Oct 07

Upgrade to the latest NVidia drivers or, downgrade to an older one if you have the most recent ones.

ribo 14:59 24 Oct 07

Thank you for your reply. I think I mentioned that I have installed the lastest nVidia drivers for my card.
I did this because the previous drivers which were older were causing the problem. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac