Problem with virus on my rootsweb website

Trenny 17:35 20 Oct 13
Answered

I have a family history website on rootsweb which keeps being shut down because it has a virus in it I have cleaned my computer of softonic uploader which I think was the cause of the problem. But it keeps coming back. What can I do?

Every time the site is shut down I have to republish. See click here

Secret-Squirrel 17:55 20 Oct 13

It's more likely that your webspace was hacked into so you need to change your rootsweb password ASAP. Make sure you create a "strong" one with a minimum of nine characters containing a mixture of upper case and lower case letters, and a few numbers.

Trenny 10:34 22 Oct 13

Yes, I have done this THREE times. They send me a new password and I don't think that there is a way to change it to one of MY choice.

The first time I removed and replaced the files. After that I just 'published'from my Expression web files. All the files were passed as OK by rootsweb (and the site opened again), but a few days later it was closed down again.

There isn't a way to clean the site itself, is there? I have checked my Control panel and can't see Softon Downloader, which appeared to be connected with the virus.

Secret-Squirrel 12:21 22 Oct 13
Answer

"They send me a new password and I don't think that there is a way to change it to one of MY choice."

Does this help?

Trenny 14:21 22 Oct 13

Many thanks. I thought there should be a way.But I still have the problem of the virus returning. I'll change the password it just may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…