Problem - Viewing TV in Windows Media Center 2005

woodbexhill 19:53 07 Nov 05

Ok basically i've had a crack at building my own Media Center PC. The software has installed fine, and the PC connects to my TV etc. I've purchased and installed a WinTV TV tuner card that is MCE compatible and installed the MCE drivers. I'm now encountering problems however when I wish to watch television. Basically, when I originally installed the card it said that there was no DVD decoder installed or that it had malfunction, when I tried to watch TV.

I installed the PowerCinema software, no luck. I've tried a couple of free decoders, too. I then installed WinDVD and have had *some* success - it installed, and when I clicked TV, I could hear the sound of the programme, but I couldn't see anything - just a plain black screen. If I hit record, it said it was recording, and if I tried to playback the recording, the sound worked, but the video didn't - again, a black screen.

I'm wondering if this is because I'm using a GeForce 3 card, and it's using a DirectX 9 system to display the video, and my card doesn't support it - could this be the case?

If so, is there an ultra-budget directx9 supporting graphics card.

On a final note, the TV views and records perfectly fine when I watch TV through PowerCinema. And I've also tried changing between decoders using the tool that microsoft provides.

Help would be greatly appreciated with this matter.

woodbexhill 20:10 07 Nov 05

ALSO, if I play the recorded TV in Media Player as opposed to Media Center - it works fine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…