Problem Viewing Pictures In Win98

Supertramp 21:13 17 Jun 04

Can someone please answer a problem I'm having.

At work using the PC with Windows XP installed, when I access Internet I log onto a forum I use on a regular basis. The other day, one of the sections included some photo's, a paper clip was also indicated at the side of the subject.

My problem is that on my home PC with Win 98 SE when I access this same forum, the paper clip and the photos are not there.

I have shutdown Zonealarm and AVG 7.0 and this makes no difference.

Thanks

Night Ryder 21:25 17 Jun 04

If you are using windows internet explorer, make sure you are using version 6.
It is likely that windows XP has version 6 but your Win98 system is using an earlier version.

Supertramp 21:29 17 Jun 04

Hi Night Ryder

I am using explorer version 6.0.2800

Wak 11:51 18 Jun 04

could you possibly tell us the name of the forum site so that someone with Win 98 can also try it??

Supertramp 08:09 19 Jun 04

Hi Wak

Apologies for delay in getting back, these 2 pages when viewed in XP show pictures in the first of each posting.

My mate has tried with his PC, also running 98 but unable to view. Must be something to do with XP or we both have same fault?

Would appreciate your reply or thoughts.

Thanks

click here

click here

Valvegrid 08:16 19 Jun 04

I have just checked those sites and everything looks normal, when you say pictures, do you mean the avatars? The little pictures on the left hand side were authors names are.

I'm using Windows 98SE but Mozilla Firefox is my browser.

Supertramp 08:22 19 Jun 04

No, Sorry if you didn't understand.

There are pictures of said person holding fish & another of fish being returned.

Valvegrid 08:29 19 Jun 04

Oh right, thanks for the clarification, no, I'm getting no other pictures either, so you're not alone. I've also tried with the popup blocking disabled and ad blocking disabled, same result, no pictures.

Supertramp 08:35 19 Jun 04

Thanks Valvegrid;

As I thought, rather strange though, would have thought viewing pictures posted on internet could have been seen by all operating systems.

Looks like you must have XP to view these, unless someone else can explain why not.

Thanks again

Wak 09:57 19 Jun 04

I have Win 98SE and can only see the Avatars on the listed forum pages.
However, if you click on HOME at the top of the page there is a picture of a fellow from Poole in Dorset dressed in blue gear holding what looks like a plaice but I can't see a picture of anyone returning fish.
Does this help at all???

Wak 10:12 19 Jun 04

I would have thought that if a picture had been added to the forum posting, that it would show up as either the picture itself, a square with a red cross or a little red dot but, unfortunately, I can't see anything at all. Sorry!
Incidentally, I also have I.E 6.0 and never normally have any problems in this direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…