Problem with "View Source" in IE

Nick2002 16:32 09 Oct 03

Hi there, I have a problem. When I click 'View - Source' in IE6 it does absolutely nothing.

How do I correct this fault so that I can view the source of a webpage?

Thanks in advance.

bvw in bristol 16:38 09 Oct 03

Try deleting your Temp.Internet Files.

Nick2002 18:33 09 Oct 03

Ok I've fixed this now. However, it was a little more long winded than I imagined!

Firstly, I deleted my Temp Internet Files and reset the IE settings.

Then I went to Control Panel - Folder Options - File Types and waited for it to load.

I then scrolled down and selected HTML files, then Advanced.

Although Open, Edit etc. options were there, there was no View! So I added a View command and selected NOTEPAD.EXE as my chosen prog from C:\WINDOWS folder.

I then OKed it and tried "View Source" too see if it worked. Nothing happened. So I then downloaded Tweak UI and went to the "View Source" settings. Notepad was listed, but it obviously wasn't working, so I went to "Change Program". It said there that it was pointing to the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder for Notepad.exe, in spite of me not selecting the system32 folder earlier! So I changed this to C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE, started up IE again, and everything worked fine!

Phew!

Thanks for your help bvw in bristol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…