problem with video capture/ripping from camcorder

lonemascot 20:43 30 Dec 05

I have a JVC camcorder. i plugged it using a firewire cable. all i want to do is rip the video from the mini dv tape onto my hard disc. does anyone no of a better freeware program to use than the one you get with windows XP because that isn't working at all.

lonemascot 21:20 30 Dec 05

right don't worry about it i downloaded several little programs and they all seem to be able to control the Camera remotely but i can't get audio or video previews and I can't capture anything. possible something wrong with my firewire card? any ideas on how to test for errors?

GroupFC 22:46 30 Dec 05

I don't know how to test a firewire card for errors but with my Canon I plug it in and switch on to play (VCR). It then shows up as an additional drive in Windows Explorer.

Does anything show up under IEEE 1394 controllers (go >my computer>properties>hardware>device Manager)?

GroupFC 22:50 30 Dec 05

I got this by googling "how to test a firewire card"
click here

HTH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…