Problem using wireless on my laptop.

natskyr 00:13 24 Mar 08

Hi there!! for the last 6 hours actually this has been going on for months i have been trying to connect my new laptop (HP pavilio dv9317cl) with my excisting wireless network.

I have a cable and wireless 11g adsl router model adslr10cw3.
For the last two years i have had a WPA secured network which i have used with many other computers.

For some reason it will not connect to the new laptop. I think it has something to do with it having vista. where as all other computers e.g. friend's computers and my desktop one have older versions of windows.

It locates the wireless but it does not accept the security code it sais its wrong.

When i link it to the router directly with an ethernet cable it works fine. its driving me crazy as i dont know what else to do...

on the other hand i was wondering whether its my cable and wireless router settings ..what should they exactly be ...

sorry this is a long message ...but im so desperate..can someone please help me ...

thanks a lot

ambra4 02:20 24 Mar 08

Download the PDF file first one on the list will show you how to set up vista to your wireless router

Just change the SSID name to yours

click here

You can also take a read at this site on the correct set up for vista

click here

natskyr 10:48 24 Mar 08

thanks for your prompt response but this does not seem to work ...

this message comes up'the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network..'

when i have the network settings to wpa personal, tkip it locates the connection but does not allow me to use the internet

setecio 11:03 24 Mar 08

Go into the
network and sharing centre
click customise
click merge or delete network locations
click continue and then highlight and delete them all (assuming you don't have any others that you use stored) and then start afresh.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…