Problem using Windows Update in IE6 on XP

Enoch 11:14 18 Aug 03

When I attempt to use the Windows Update in IE6 (using XP Home) I select item to update, key install, then the pop-up window comes on showing me the license to read wich I can scroll to see it all. However, I cannot enlarge the window enough to key the "accept" the license, therefor the update is not installed----any ideas please.

temp003 11:19 18 Aug 03

Don't know of any solution myself. That sometimes happens. You just have to try again, and sooner or later, the full window will come back.

The Windows Update site is also extremely taxed at the moment because of the recent blaster virus, so it will be rather slow, if you can get on the site in the first place.

medicine hat 11:24 18 Aug 03

Try increasing your screen size to 1024 x 768 or above. Right-click on your desktop, choose Properties and select Settings tab.

jazzypop 12:07 18 Aug 03

Press the Tab key, then press Enter - this moves the 'focus' to the Accept option, then selects it.

Enoch 09:00 19 Aug 03

Thanks for trying Medicine Hat, but my screen is already at 1920 x 1200 so I still need help

Enoch 09:05 19 Aug 03

Jazzypop-----Thank you very much. Pressing the Tab key was the answer. Problem resolved. Now I can update---thanks again

temp003 14:48 19 Aug 03

jazzypop - that's a useful tip. I get that funny window from time to time, and never thought to use the Tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…