problem using webcams via MSM or Yahoo Messenger

Effie 12:16 01 Apr 03

This is a long shot but hopefully some kind person out there who has successfully set up and used either of these schemes or knows of any other free ones that might be better who can guide us through the process of successfully using either as we cant get either of them to work properly.

We both have windows 98 ( mine is second edition!)and we are using Logitech webcams He's on broadband and I'm on dialup. Although somtimes I can get his picture I can never get audio to go with it and the help pages dont give me any information relevent to our problems.

Mine will let me send but never recieve ( recieve icon is never highlighted!) and there also seems to be some problem with the registry and I dont know what on earth I'm supposed to put in there. Sometimes my partner can hear me, speak to me as well as see me via webcam but I still can't see him even though I can speak as well as hear him and I dont know how we managed this as we have tried so many things in the last few days that I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going.

Are we meant to be actually able to speak,be heard as well as be seen concurrently on either MSM Messenger or the Yahoo Messenger services ?

All help gratefully revieved, Many Thanks for reading even if you dont have any answers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…