problem using firefox

drpete 18:09 27 Jan 05

I am using the firefox web browser which I have found in general good to use but just recently it has had the annoying tendency for the content of a web page I am looking at to suddenly disappear i.e. be replaced by a plain white windowclicking the back button restores the content. Anyone any ideas about why this might be happening and how I could stop it happening. Help please someone!

Tenacious Green 19:35 27 Jan 05

Maybe you've picked up some kind of Spyware/adware/trojan which is causing this. Try using Ad-aware/Spybot/A-squared to see if that is the case. If not try a fresh re-install of Firefox remembering to uninstall it first. This may solve the problem.

drpete 15:38 30 Jan 05

Thank you Tenacious Green I tried your suggestions but with no success the problem continues. I'll try Mozilla forum see if I can get some clue as to what moght be happening

Gongoozler 17:58 30 Jan 05

If this only happens on one site, it could just be that it's not Firefox compatible.

drpete 17:58 31 Jan 05

The disappearing pages occurs on more than one site including pcadvisors site. Any other suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…