problem using firefox

drpete 18:09 27 Jan 05

I am using the firefox web browser which I have found in general good to use but just recently it has had the annoying tendency for the content of a web page I am looking at to suddenly disappear i.e. be replaced by a plain white windowclicking the back button restores the content. Anyone any ideas about why this might be happening and how I could stop it happening. Help please someone!

Tenacious Green 19:35 27 Jan 05

Maybe you've picked up some kind of Spyware/adware/trojan which is causing this. Try using Ad-aware/Spybot/A-squared to see if that is the case. If not try a fresh re-install of Firefox remembering to uninstall it first. This may solve the problem.

drpete 15:38 30 Jan 05

Thank you Tenacious Green I tried your suggestions but with no success the problem continues. I'll try Mozilla forum see if I can get some clue as to what moght be happening

Gongoozler 17:58 30 Jan 05

If this only happens on one site, it could just be that it's not Firefox compatible.

drpete 17:58 31 Jan 05

The disappearing pages occurs on more than one site including pcadvisors site. Any other suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced