Problem uploading website

StupidCupid 22:36 PM 13 Jun 09

I have webspace with talktalk and I have created two folders on it.
I used to have 2 websites working OK but now after modifying one of them,I'm only getting INDEX and Index files (which can be clicked to open the pages but this is obviously not ideal)
I'm using MS pub to create the websites and file transfer with IE (which I find easy to do because you can just drag the files into your space. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here?

Forum Editor 13:36 PM 14 Jun 09

we'll take a look.

Microsoft Publisher is very bad at creating websites by the way. It wasn't ever designed for the job, and it usually makes a hopeless mess of it.

StupidCupid 22:23 PM 14 Jun 09

Thanks for replying
The website that works OK is click here and the other one is click here. They are both in the same webspace but in different folders.
You are right about MS pub not doing very well. it used to be OK on the older version but now there is quite a lot of contamination on it( can't think of the right word for it ), like squares and question marks all over the place.
If you could suggest a better builder I would be very grateful. I tried to do Dream weaver once but could not get to grips with it. What I need is something suitable for idiots like Mspub where you build something that looks like you want it and the program does the hard stuff like html for you

StupidCupid 17:20 PM 17 Jun 09

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS SO FAR BUT I AM STILL CONFUSED AS TO HOW AND WHERE TO CHANGE 'INDEX'TO LOWER CASE. I HAVE TRIED TO CHANGE IT AND THINGS ONLY SEEM TO GET WORSE.

StupidCupid 21:13 PM 17 Jun 09

Thanks
Everything works fine now on IE except for the little squares etc. but the website will not open in Firefox as it did before and like my other website does . But i guess that I should be happy that its' working on the browser that probably most people use.
Now I've got a bit more confidence I'll have a look at Net Objects fusion or whatever.
Thanks again

StupidCupid 21:11 PM 18 Jun 09

The Index page comes up on Firefox but the links dont work. I think that is Microsofts' doing don't you agree?

mco 07:56 AM 19 Jun 09

Have a look for the free version of serif web plus online - it's a basic WYSIWYG editor that always reminds me of Publisher so it might be easy to transfer over to

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay