Problem updating win XP

Hi,
Friends of mine have a problem when updating window xp and he asked me for help so I ask you for help on his behalf
He up dated his win xp but he had a problem with this 3 updates
(KB826939) AND
(KB824105) AND
(KB8226942)
Every time he tries to install them his machine boot it self does any one why or does any one have a solution???
He has win XP service pack1 installed
Thank you very much

Stuartli 16:54 11 Dec 03

Some XP updates are not applicable to every version.

Microsoft's website details clearly which updates apply to which versions.

Mistake on one of the updates sorry

Hi,
Friends of mine have a problem when updating window xp and he asked me for help so I ask you for help on his behalf
He up dated his win xp but he had a problem with this 3 updates
KB826939 AND KB824105 AND KB826942
Every time he tries to install them his machine boot it self does any one why or does any one have a solution???
He has win XP service pack1 installed
Thank you very much

Stuartli.

But when he run the auto update it come up with those updates: two as critical and one as optional.

Stuartli 17:05 11 Dec 03

I've pointed out that some recent XP updates don't apply to every version...:-)

Downloaded one or two (for XP Pro) and, when finished, informed that it doesn't apply to my particular installation.

It could also be that they've already been installed as part of another update which incorporates the one(s) just downloaded.

Stuartli 17:12 11 Dec 03

Crossed wires.

Another method is to go to the Microsoft XP home page and then to Security and Downloads and try downloading each update separately.

Stuartli 17:17 11 Dec 03

Here's the link to KB826939 for starters:

click here

thank you Stuartli for your help.
we learn every day

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…