Problem updating Skype

compumac 09:38 AM 13 Mar 12

I am currently using Skype version I look for updates and it tells me there is an update available and then goes through the process of downloading – reaches 100% and remains there. No update is installed. I have three PC’s all running Win 7 and all have the same problem when trying to update Skype.

I should add that on the one PC I uninstalled Skype completely and ran CCleaner and then re-installed - with the same result

Any ideas out there?

Woolwell 10:11 AM 13 Mar 12

Just had exactly the same thing with W7 and the Skype update. I went to the Skype site, discovered that version 5.8 is out, downloaded it, ran the application which over wrote that I already had, had to close browser whilst doing it, and all now fine with version 5.8 running.

Nontek 10:11 AM 13 Mar 12

My current version of Skype is,so if you put that into Google it will probably take you to the download which you could try again.

Nontek 10:12 AM 13 Mar 12

PS - I am also running Win7.

Woolwell 10:14 AM 13 Mar 12

Mine is

Nontek 10:19 AM 13 Mar 12

I have just updated my Skype, via Help>Check for updates - my version is now same as Woolwell's,

Update went without a hitch.

compumac 10:37 AM 13 Mar 12

Thanks for that went to Skype - downloaded and overwrote Skype. Now V5.8.0.158. Wonder why the claimed update/downloads on three PC's did not work before?

Anyway all OK now - Thanks

Nontek 10:59 AM 13 Mar 12

Good, glad it is sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…