Problem updating Skype

compumac 13 Mar 12

I am currently using Skype version 5.5.0.124. I look for updates and it tells me there is an update available and then goes through the process of downloading – reaches 100% and remains there. No update is installed. I have three PC’s all running Win 7 and all have the same problem when trying to update Skype.

I should add that on the one PC I uninstalled Skype completely and ran CCleaner and then re-installed - with the same result

Any ideas out there?

Woolwell 13 Mar 12

Just had exactly the same thing with W7 and the Skype update. I went to the Skype site, discovered that version 5.8 is out, downloaded it, ran the application which over wrote that I already had, had to close browser whilst doing it, and all now fine with version 5.8 running.

Nontek 13 Mar 12

My current version of Skype is 5.8.0.156,so if you put that into Google it will probably take you to the download which you could try again.

Nontek 13 Mar 12

PS - I am also running Win7.

Woolwell 13 Mar 12

Mine is 5.8.0.158

Nontek 13 Mar 12

I have just updated my Skype, via Help>Check for updates - my version is now same as Woolwell's, 5.8.0.158.

Update went without a hitch.

compumac 13 Mar 12

Woolwell/nontek

Thanks for that went to Skype - downloaded and overwrote Skype. Now V5.8.0.158. Wonder why the claimed update/downloads on three PC's did not work before?

Anyway all OK now - Thanks

Nontek 13 Mar 12

Good, glad it is sorted!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message