//some 3rd party need geo

Problem in Updating Norton AntiVirus

anchor 11:38 12 Feb 03

I have a current version of Norton A/V 2002 installed with Win-ME. Until today, I have had no problems in using intelligent updater to daily update my definition files. On downloading the latest file 20030211-004i32.exe, I had a message,

"Problem verifying files from archive. You may be out of disk space or files may be marked read only"

I have lots of free disk space,(45Gb free).

On choosing not to proceed, I received a message, that "no updatable version of Norton A/V was found, as this version is designed to work with 32bit products, version 4 or later. Earlier 16bit versions of Norton A/V should use version 2 of the intelligent updater".

I used Live-Update to ensure that no chages had been made to updater, but I still received the error message. My update subscriptions do not expire until October 2003.

I have received an e-mail from a friend who experienced the identical problem; he has the same version of Norton A/V; version 2002.

I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Norton Intelligent Update site:
click here

Lozzy 11:44 12 Feb 03

sounds like some form of corruption try un-installing then re boot and re install

JoeC 11:48 12 Feb 03

the Intelligent Updater once. It had the same effect as you describe but it corrupted my Norton programme and I ended up having to uninstall then reinstall the programme. Now I just wait till LiveUpdate does its job. : }

anchor 11:53 12 Feb 03

Thanks for your prompt resplies.

I take your point, but I have never previously had problems in using Intelligent Updater.

Furthermore, the fact that a friend had exactly the same problem today, is surely a bit too much of a coincidence.

siouxah1 13:04 12 Feb 03

Yes, had problems this morning with update. Not using intelligent updater.

Had to uninstall NAV and reinstall.

Regards Brian.

anchor 13:56 12 Feb 03

It seems that something is wrong with the latest Norton updates. We can`t ALL have corrupted files!.

I have e-mailed Norton support about this; don`t know if I will get a reply.

sattman 15:38 12 Feb 03

I have live update available all the time on my comp normally it updates twice per week, it was not doing this as it last updated on 4/2/2003.

I selected manual update and it loaded all new definations etc which you can expect to get if you reinstall it. I am not sure why it should have neeeded to do this but it does look as though they have a problem.

powerless 15:48 12 Feb 03

Although this is for the Corporate Edition theres no reason why it shouldnt work for your Edition.

click here

zigg 18:13 12 Feb 03

I had a similar problem and I had to uninstall and reinstall Norton AV. Remember to uninstall it completely including any files in Windows explorer or anywhere else on your hard drive.

anchor 19:03 12 Feb 03

Thanks Powerless, I will try this tomorrow, and post back.

ellas 19:37 12 Feb 03

sattman my live update also stopped working about that time,like you having to do it manually,plus seems very few updates,running panda a/v on the other puter and its updating every day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…