Problem updating to a new version of AVAST

wrg 13:30 19 Sep 07

I have AVAST on my laptop. Over the last few weeks when it has started up I get a pop up box stating a new version of Avast is available click here to install it. When I click here it the box disappears and that is it. Next time I start up the same thing. Can anyone advise.

Thanks

birdface 13:36 19 Sep 07

Maybe you have to stop it running first.

wrg 13:41 19 Sep 07

Good thinking batman (or should I say buteman)I shall give that a try. If I stop it running do I need to go online to update it or can I do it by clicking on the Avast icon and doing it from there?

birdface 13:50 19 Sep 07

click here I don't have it on my computer,But put it on my Grand Daughters computer.I think you can open it on Quick start and scroll through it to look for up-dates.You need someone already with Avast to give you the proper procedure.

jolorna 14:05 19 Sep 07

have you tried downloading it from buteman's link & then reinstalling it

wrg 14:08 19 Sep 07

Not yet. I am at work at the mo so won't be able to do it till this evening.

dazza39 14:13 19 Sep 07

You shouldn't need to stop it to update,any new version should load automatically when clicked,out of interest,is the box green that pops up?.

Clapton is God 14:35 19 Sep 07

As dazza39 says, program updates should be automatic.

Open Avast and go to Settings; Update (Basic).

Ensure that Automatic Update is selected for both Virus database and Program

birdface 14:47 19 Sep 07

It will not download automatically if he is using an older version of Avast.I had to be prompted bye Avast to up-date to the latest Version.It just showed how often my Grand daughter ran it.I also had to enter the product Keycode first.

wrg 15:18 19 Sep 07

Not sure how old the version is but it must be fairly new as I am using it on Vista. I have also had to enter a new product key. dazza39 it is a green box that pops up.

dazza39 16:48 19 Sep 07

As Clapton says update should be automatic so no need for entering Product key all the time,maybe its a Vista issue?,i'm still using XP so its fine on my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…