Problem updating. How to do it manually?

Axii9 13:46 24 Sep 04

I cannot update Norton 2004 Antivirus, I have WinXp how do I do it manually? And where would I need to save it to? etc.

buscrew 13:52 24 Sep 04

Go to the Norton website and run the automatic check on the support section, this will check your installation to see if you need an update to LiveUpdate. You can also download the latest virus updates from here and install the here

Axii9 18:17 24 Sep 04

When you update manually dont' you need to know where to save the update to? Assuming the automatic update just adds itself to wherever the software is located on the computer, if I do it manually then I am asuming that I will need to add it to the correct I right? If so, where does it go?

Rayuk 18:38 24 Sep 04

Had this problem myself recently cure download Live update program from Symantec uninstal from add/remove programs rebot instal download.
Everything has worked ok since.
click here

Dorsai 18:58 24 Sep 04

I have the same. Just noticed that my version of live update is 1.9, and the current version seems to be 2.somthing. But when i update, no option to update the updater.

Will also try the suggestion above, and remove the 1.9 version,. and download/install the more up to date version.

Dorsai 19:09 24 Sep 04

No joy. Now have live update 2.5 still wont update.

Dorsai 20:50 24 Sep 04

Have now solved it. I uninstalled Norton System works. Restarted as requested. Re installed after another restart. Used the copy of 2.5 updater preciously downloaded. So far all updates went OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…