Problem with updating of avast! home

sioux13 14:03 11 Dec 06

I have recently renewed my licence key, which was accepted and everything looks up to date. However, I receive the following message when I try to update:

: Err: The license key for this product is invalid or expired. License is valid until: Thursday, January 01, 1970 Current date: Monday, December 11, 2006

I have checked that the time and date is correct.

I am using avast home, logged onto the site as instructed, followed procedure and was emailed new licence key.
Copied and pasted that in and had the message that that was successful.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works, but without any success.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards

Sioux13

brundle 14:21 11 Dec 06

Boot in safe mode (hit f8 before boot logo appears) - just safe mode, not `safe mode with networking`, if avast is running when you get into Windows disable it, locate C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\ and rename avast4.ini to avast4.bak or something similar. it stores a time stamp going back to the date you mention (no idea wh y it is that date). you may need to put the reg code in again when you reboot into windows normally.

fullyfitted 16:31 11 Dec 06

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…