problem? uninstalling Norton 2003

spider9 14:00 04 Oct 03

When I uninstalled Norton 2003 I found that there seem to be various 'files' still showing when I did a search using 'norton' as filename. I have managed to delete most but it will not allow me to take out:- Numisc.dll, Nprotect.exe, S32Krnll.dll, NPComSvr.DLL, Ndrvex.dll and S32utill.dll.
I have XP and Norton took over the Recycle Bin, of course, and that is still the same.
As a computer novice I am feeling a bit bewildered, how do I 'clear out Norton?? - any advice?

VoG II 14:06 04 Oct 03
  spider9 14:27 04 Oct 03

Thanks, VoG will set about trying to do it!!

spider9 14:48 04 Oct 03

Been trying the 'Standard manual removal' - but I seem to be at a dead end!! File Rnav2003.exe which I appear to need is nowhere to be found! 'Live update' in 'add/remove/ cannot be removed because it says other Norton stuff is still there (Catch 22??).
I do not have a Norton install disk, and just want to be rid of this monster!
Will it do any harm to just ignore these unremovable files?

VoG II 17:04 04 Oct 03

If you are not getting error messages at boot-up saying that files are missing, I would just leave the remnants behind and ignore them.

spider9 17:56 04 Oct 03

Thanks, VoG - that is exactly what I will do . Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…