Problem with transferring emails

Beth 16:21 12 Apr 06

I have some precious emails on my old PC which I would like to save on the new one. The instructions said to save them to a store folder and save it under 'My Docs'. I did that and emailed the file to the new PC. I can find it in OE but it's considered to be an unsafe attachment and won't open. I can't get to them on the old machine now. How can I undo this mess?

Quiet Life 16:28 12 Apr 06

In Outlook Express
Tools > Options > Security and untick the box which prohibits attachments that may contain a virus being opened.
This may sove the problem

sheila.weston 17:38 12 Apr 06

I managed this by creating a new folder in OE called something like OLDPC. I also created a new folder in the old pc and moved the important files to it. I then copied these files to a CD/DVD, seached for the OLDPC folder in the new pc and copied the files over, so they are kept separately. Hope this helps!

(you can also find which folder the OE files are in in the new pc by going to TOOLS>OPTIONS>MAINTENANCE and selecting STORE FOLDER

Beth 20:23 12 Apr 06

Quiet life: I've tried unticking the box, but the file seems to be empty! Done something wrong, I think.

Sheila: I'll go back to the old PC and try saving the file again.

Thanks to both of you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…