problem with transferring data from cd to laptop.I

KAZI-LOU 15:47 07 Feb 05

I have been downloading recorded information from videos onto my laptop. From there ,i have copied them onto cds . When i have tried to transfer the data back from the cds,onto my lap top to analyse the data, for some reason i am unable to do so with some of them. Some have been saved back to my lap top ok, while others have failed. Because of the technical nature of the data, i am unable to "read" it straight from the cd itself, due to a combination of the frame either jumping or freezing. I am required to read the data "frame by frame " and it is not as "smooth " when reading it direct from cd.I am unable to save it directly on my laptop due to restrictions on available space. Can anyone offer advise on this problem.I am operating Windows XP system.

FelixTCat 16:13 07 Feb 05

I don't know whether there is much that can be done with the CDs that you cannot read. Do you have another computer that you can try to read them on?

For any future burns, you really should make sure that they are readable before you delete the original data from your hard disk.

You don't say what size your laptop hard disk is, but a 60 GByte laptop drive only costs about £60. You can buy an adapter cheaply to connect your existing laptop hdd to a desktop computer to copy the data over or, if you are networked, you can simply copy it over.

KAZI-LOU 16:35 07 Feb 05

Thanks for getting back to me. My hard disk is 40GB.... the cd's are readable as i can view the data from them but cant copy it back into laptop for further analysis of my work, the transfer starts, but i then get a message along the lines of "transfer cannot be completed".

I dont have access to a pc in which i can store my data on, but i will look into getting an external drive for future. Thanks.

FelixTCat 19:05 07 Feb 05

The "transfer cannot be completed" message is strange. Is there enough space on the disk to complete the transfer? Do some of the files transfer but not others?

The fact that you can "see" the files doesn't necessarily mean that they are OK - it just means that th directory isn't corrupt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…