Problem with time clock on my pc

dublin lad 12:58 30 Mar 05

The time clock on my pc always seems to be slow even though i change it to the right time it goes back to been slow. what could be the problem and is it easy to sort out .
Celron 766
windows me
256 MB RAM

i keep my system updated on everything.

Timmy!! 13:12 30 Mar 05

There is a 'button' battery on your motherboard that looks after the clock when the pc is powered down. I suspect due to the age of your machine its gone flat and needs to be replaced.

961 13:18 30 Mar 05

If you go to google and search for TClockEx you will find a free download that will enable your system to update time daily from the atomic clock at Rugby. Windows xp does this automatically but earlier versions don't.

If other problems appear then as indicated by Timmy!! the battery may need replacing

Fingees 13:38 30 Mar 05

I agree with Timmy.

It's better to change battery now, rather than keep updating time, as your Bios CMOS is powered by it, and can cause problems if it gets corrupted.

Fingees 13:38 30 Mar 05

I agree with Timmy.

It's better to change battery now, rather than keep updating time, as your Bios CMOS is powered by it, and can cause problems if it gets corrupted.

DieSse 14:49 30 Mar 05

If it loses time when the system is switched off - then the battery is probably the culprit. If it loses time when the system is on, then it's an effect of some software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…