//some 3rd party need geo

Problem with system restore

Dols 12:56 30 Jan 03

Hi all,

Once again I seek advise from all of you with a problem I cannot even comprehend.

First, I have a Toshiba satellite 1800-100 laptop with Windows Mellineum, 128 MB RAM. I tried system restore to correct a problem (RUN DLL file missing). The system restore failed to complete. No I cannot find internet explorer, windows explorer and few other programs either on the desktop or the program list. Moreover the system restore function is also missing.

Please help!

cheers,

Dols

AMD_MAN23 13:43 30 Jan 03

I find system restore to hardly ever work.

c.b.

billyliv 14:40 30 Jan 03

Hi, Looks like it is time to back up everything you want to keep, Format your disc and do a clean re-instal of Win Me and re-instal your applications. (Hopefully you will have all your original discs and Keys). Drastic measures I know and maybe someone will have another remedy.
Cheers, Bill

Memphis 14:47 30 Jan 03

System restore dosen't work well on windows ME

TOPCAT® 15:15 30 Jan 03

Could be on of many things as outlined here. TC

click here

TOPCAT® 15:17 30 Jan 03

Something to bear in mind with system restore. TC.

If a restore point created from an earlier date is corrupted, then all subsequent restore points created from that date forward are also corrupted. As a result, you may be unable to successfully restore your computer by using a restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…