next info box appears for a few
seconds then dissapears before I can click
anything has anyone had this happen to
them, what could be happening
running win 98se with athlon xp 2100 all
replies greatfully received thanks in
advance

GrahamP 00:59 24 Feb 04

Ollie, I haven't got an answer but this should take it a stage further and bump you up to the top again.

When you say "the next info box appears for a few seconds" do you mean for instance when you enter regedit, that the registry editor window appears for a few seconds. If not, what do you mean by "info box"?

If the command is executing ie in this case the registry window editor appears but only briefly, is the same happening for any command. For instance what happens if you enter "cmd" or "command"? You should get a Dos window - black background. Does this disappear too?

GrahamP 01:07 24 Feb 04

See this for a similar problem.

click here

Is your virus database up-to-date? Have you run a check on your system lately?

ollie < one> 13:03 24 Feb 04

bump

ollie < one> 13:12 24 Feb 04

yes i scanned last night with new trial viruskiller/hunter the next box which appears briefly is called the system config utility (could not think what it was called) what is the best free online virus scanner iwould be able to use thanks for the replys

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:45 24 Feb 04

There is Housecall by pc-cillin free online scan
Have you tried to run any of these in safe mode see if they open that way.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…