Problem Switching Off?

Bingalau 22:13 01 Dec 03

When I am closing down my computer it refuses to switch off even though it tells me it is doing so. In the end, because there appears to be no option (The "Start Button" has disappeared) I have to use the main button on the computer to switch off. Then when I switch on again I get a blue screen and the warning that My "C" Drive is being checked for errors because I did not switch off properly. Is there a cure for this problem please?.........Bingalau..

VoG II 22:15 01 Dec 03

If you are running XP click here and scroll down to "Powerdown issues".

woodchip 22:21 01 Dec 03

If 98 go to Start/Run type MSCONFIG go to startup tab and remove all tick’s except System tray then try. If it works put one item back at a time and try, until you find what is the Prob

Bingalau 23:30 01 Dec 03

Thanks "Vog" and "Woodchip" I have been having a try with your suggestion. (I am on Windows 98SE)So far I don't really know whether I have succeeded or not. I am about to close down for the night as I am Knackered with a capital "K". If it is successful I will tick this item tomorrow...I hope...Bingalau...

Bagsey 08:09 02 Dec 03

^

alcudia 10:12 02 Dec 03

As you are using '98 you can try this.

Create a new shortcut on the desktop and in the Target box type C:\Windows\Rundll.exe user.exe,exitwindows Make sure you use the comma before exitwindows and leave a space between exe and user. In the Start in box type C:\Windows It's an old fix now, but may work.

Bingalau 20:20 02 Dec 03

After much fiddling about trying the different methods suggested (to no avail) I have decided to tick this subject as resolved. However if anybody can come up with a solution I will be delighted. Many thanks to those who replied, I do appreciate it. Thanks again...Bingalau..

woodchip 22:04 02 Dec 03

Go hear and download and run click here at bottom of page

exbrat67 22:38 02 Dec 03

Bingalau

Had this problem and downloaded a fix from microsoft - tried to find it again - no luck.
If you send me an email I will let you have a copy.

Bingalau 17:35 03 Dec 03

Hi All Helpers!
Thanks for your continuing efforts. As luck would have it when I attempted to close down last night it worked for a change..However just to be sure I have downloaded the patch as per instructions, I hope therefore to have no further problems. You can rest assured that if I do have more problems I will be right back to this "Helproom"
Tarra-a-bit Bingalau...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…