problem with streaming videos

swansong 18 Dec 11

After logging on to watch bbc iplayer and youtube the video freezes after 30 seconds, this has only started in the last week or so. Any help is appreciated.

proudfoot 18 Dec 11

I suggest your download speed hasn't reduced. Try this link http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/

octal 19 Dec 11

It could be any number of reasons why its doing this, who it you ISP and what type of connection are you using?

I'm having this problem at the moment as there is a fault at the server end with Virgin Media and it isn't going to get fixed till next April, and that's on cable.

swansong 19 Dec 11

Have tried the speedtests I get results for download but only once have I got a result for upload. My ISP is BT using the internet via a router. However when using my laptop with a wireless connection in another room I have no problems streaming.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message