Problem with stills and videos

Ardy 11:21 14 Sep 10

My camera images are mainly stills but include some videos. I insert the memory card into the computer but when I click on slide show, only the stills are shown. Each individual video will play when clicked on but not as part of the slide show. I'm confused. Help! (I'm a basic beginner)

wee eddie 12:45 14 Sep 10

How could a Video be part of a Slide Show? By definition a Slide is an Individual Image.

Dragon_Heart 23:28 16 Sep 10

If you are using Windows 7 you can make an instant video, including stills.

On any version of Movie Maker just inport the files from your card. Highlight ALL the files and drag them onto the 'timeline' and play your 'video'. Each still will be shown for a few seconds and the video clips as shot.

Bit unhelpful 'wee eddie' had a bad day ?

Ardy 00:51 20 Sep 10

Thank you movie maker. Very helpful. I agree with your other comment to Wee Eddie,

wee eddie 04:17 20 Sep 10

Thank you for those few words of encouragement.

If you read your question, not necessarily the one you meant to ask, but the one that you actually asked, you will see that my answer addresses it.

If you make up a Slide Show, it displays only individual Images, one after another. If you add a Video, as you so quaintly call them, to the show (.wmv, .avi, .mpeg or whatever format you chose) it will not display as part of a Slide Show.

You can get Videos to run as part a Presentation,say PowerPoint, but that is a different matter altogether.

lotvic 09:47 20 Sep 10

"I insert the memory card into the computer but when I click on slide show, only the stills are shown. Each individual video will play when clicked on but not as part of the slide show."

That is correct. You use one program to view stills and a different program to view video.

Note: This is when you *view* them from your memory card.

Dragon_Heart 03:26 21 Sep 10

"you will see that my answer addresses it"

but not helpful !

What's the title of this forum ?

Pleased to help Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…