Problem with Steganos Program

hecate 18:09 27 Oct 04

I recently purchased a magazine with "Steganos Internet Anonym" as a free prog. All one needed was to obtain an unlock code from the Steganos website. This I have been unable to do as I get no replies to my e-mails. Has anyone come across this problem and if so was it resolved? Thanks, Bardolf.

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 28 Oct 04

Try an alternative address if you can.

buscrew 21:43 28 Oct 04

I would save yourself some heartache by not bothering to install it. I purchased the latest version of this from the website for £38.00, and it does not do what it says on the tin. It does not work with all ISP's, and even if you manage to get it working with yours it will slow down your browsing. I have e-mailed three times to get a refund, and my e-mails are being ignored.

hecate 15:02 29 Oct 04

Hi guys.Thanks for your quick response to my query. I must say I anticipated something like that. It looks like another rip-off to me! Thanks again . Bardolf

Hi guys.Thanks for your quick response to my query. I must say I anticipated something like that. It looks like another rip-off to me! Thanks again . Bardolf

Diodorus Siculus 17:13 29 Oct 04

I doubt that it is a "rip-off" - they will be keen to send you an unlock code so that you may be tempted on upgrades etc.

Have you checked with the magazine help line?

NickyK 01:34 30 Oct 04

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Steganos, though I, also, had a few problems getting the registration sorted out (this version is free).

I am sorry to say that I ended up writing them a rather "foreceful" memo", and three next day it was working okay. And they were exceptionally nice and helpful to me.

From the little I know, this is an okay bunch.

Unfortunetly, I don't know how to post a click-link here. But if you want Setganos, write me through this site.

I will help, but I'd recommend that you e-mail them (Steganos) and ask for the promised product (if you are using the disc that I think you are, then it is no-problemy. However, I got it, so: so can you.

Also, if this disc comes or came from this PC Advisor, then simply contact them. If you got it from elsewhere, then try the elsewhere magazine.

Sorry not to be more help.

N

NickyK 01:42 30 Oct 04

Short up-date to the above. I seem to remember that I had to e-mail Steganos to make my registration ID. This should, maybe, be in PC Advisor somwehere, but I have never found any registration codes either in the magazine or on the disc - which is why I, personally, find the on-mag wrapped discs so unheplful - but that's probably just me. No registration keys are ever given. Is that bevause they're shareware?

Best to write to the site.They're cool.

If you want other killers, use this site. Tuype it into search, and take your pick.

Sorry to be tired. N

hecate 07:33 31 Oct 04

Hi Guys.Thanks again for your updates.Although I must say I've sent a number of e-mails to Steganos and received no response.I think I'll give it one more go. Thanks .Bardolf

igk 11:52 31 Oct 04

Hi Hecate, I tried a version of internet privacy 2 years ago (the prog that changes your IP address) it slowed down browsing quite a bit! the basic idea is that it uses open/unsecure servers that are dotted around the web (network administrators take note!!!) to mask your IP address this was ok but I got a bit fed up with the occaisional warning that "the company does not allow its employees to access personal sites during working hours"!!! so I dumped it pronto,
Steganos are ok though I have an e-mail address for them so try it you may get lucky he was very helpful:[email protected] hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…