problem at startup - "configurating outlook"

jam e s 22:00 12 Aug 03

This problem starts after I upgraded my outlook from 2000 to 2002, which was itself wished to be a solution of the consistent inability to open outlook - it crashed for no obvious reason. Now that I've upgraded to outlook 2002 (as part of Office XP pack), it attempts to "configurate outlook" everytime it (tries) to start, and everytime it crashes at "migrating email settings". (No need to say, I have to set the email accounts again, and I forgot the password for one of them...)

So, I want to ask if there is a way to stop outlook trying to "configurate" itself (which I suspect would stop once it was stopped once), or do I have to go to the safe mode everytime I want to do outlook? Otherwise I may need to use outlook express instead of getting through this much trouble everytime I just want to read my mails.

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I already tried to uninstall then reinstall Office.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…