Problem starting Yahoo games

Marty1 21:52 04 Mar 04

Just recently I haven't been able to access the Yahoo games. None of the games applets will load. I have followed Yahoo advice and checked my security and java settings to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

hugh-265156 00:45 05 Mar 04

try clearing your cache in internet explorer or whatever browser you are using.maybe.

Giggle n' Bits 00:47 05 Mar 04

and downloads in the explorer setings have become damaged.

Is you java the Sun java or the older Microsoft one ?

Really more specification detail would help like Windows 9x/xp ? virus or firewall protection,

If you know when things went wrong, try a system restore if you have Me or XP. If there are missing windows updates for ME your System resotre may be not functional.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 02:32 05 Mar 04

Have you a pop up stopper or settings in a firewall that woulds stop jave applets opening,try another site with jave applets if they open then u know its yahoo at fault you could always redownlaod the active x from the site for the games.

Regards.

Marty1 14:27 05 Mar 04

I have reloaded Internet Explorer, cleared the cache, checked the security and java settings.I dont run a pop-up stopper or firewall. I am running Windows 98SE so I suppose (?) it is the microsoft java. I have AVG virus protection. I still can't get any applets to load.

©®@$? 14:54 05 Mar 04

how about

open internet explorer/tools/internet options/settings/view objects

in there you will have the download yahoo java that you need to play the yahoo game

remove it ,then go back to yahoo/games and it should ask you to install the required java applet thingy majig

©®@$? 14:55 05 Mar 04

or i quicker way to get to it

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files

hugh-265156 15:34 05 Mar 04

java may be damaged.

reinstall it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…