Problem starting Yahoo games

Marty1 21:52 04 Mar 04

Just recently I haven't been able to access the Yahoo games. None of the games applets will load. I have followed Yahoo advice and checked my security and java settings to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

hugh-265156 00:45 05 Mar 04

try clearing your cache in internet explorer or whatever browser you are using.maybe.

Giggle n' Bits 00:47 05 Mar 04

and downloads in the explorer setings have become damaged.

Is you java the Sun java or the older Microsoft one ?

Really more specification detail would help like Windows 9x/xp ? virus or firewall protection,

If you know when things went wrong, try a system restore if you have Me or XP. If there are missing windows updates for ME your System resotre may be not functional.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 02:32 05 Mar 04

Have you a pop up stopper or settings in a firewall that woulds stop jave applets opening,try another site with jave applets if they open then u know its yahoo at fault you could always redownlaod the active x from the site for the games.

Regards.

Marty1 14:27 05 Mar 04

I have reloaded Internet Explorer, cleared the cache, checked the security and java settings.I dont run a pop-up stopper or firewall. I am running Windows 98SE so I suppose (?) it is the microsoft java. I have AVG virus protection. I still can't get any applets to load.

©®@$? 14:54 05 Mar 04

how about

open internet explorer/tools/internet options/settings/view objects

in there you will have the download yahoo java that you need to play the yahoo game

remove it ,then go back to yahoo/games and it should ask you to install the required java applet thingy majig

©®@$? 14:55 05 Mar 04

or i quicker way to get to it

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files

hugh-265156 15:34 05 Mar 04

java may be damaged.

reinstall it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch