problem starting Photoshop Elements after reloading

thamesside 09:41 23 Apr 14

I had a problem. I could not open "Edit" from Organiser. I uninstalled Elements 4.0 and reinstalled it. Now it opens at "Organiser" and hangs up there. Little circle goes round and round and nothing happens. Task Manager says programme not responding. What do I do now?

Looking back it appears I may have upgraded at some time to Elements 4(1).0. Is this the problem? If so how do i get it again?

thamesside 09:46 23 Apr 14

I am running Vista Home Basic. I read that Elements 4 is not compatible with Vista. But it was running before. What did i do?

john bunyan 09:55 23 Apr 14

This link may be of interest. Version 4 is quite old now, so you may consider a newer version, or use a free programme, such as Paint.net

See: Older Elements thread

Secret-Squirrel 10:02 23 Apr 14

thamesside, using Vista's "Compatibility Mode" may help with things - have a read here. Choose XP from the list of available operating systems.

If you can't locate the program's exe file then I believe that applying compatibility settings to the program's shortcut works just as well.

john bunyan 12:14 23 Apr 14

Aleeza1 Spam on multiple threads FE informed

thamesside 13:41 23 Apr 14

Not having much luck with compatibility. Guess it is time I bought a new version.

john bunyan 17:26 23 Apr 14

thamesside

If you only use it lightly do have a look at paint.net (free).

paint.net

But I think Photoshop is worth its money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…